Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Taking Advantage of the Rain

20th day of April. Yeah, it's mid-summer and I hate it, really. As usual, I woke up after lunch. I have spent the whole night (and early morning, also) watching Grey's Anatomy. Really wanna catch up with the latest episode. But, today I'm craving for something other than watching...

Such a gloomy day, I thought. Clouds are gray and heavy. Roads are wet and sloppy. As I peaked through the window, I saw people walking holding their umbrellas up sparing them from dripping. While the King Sun is resting behind the mountains and his rays aren't visible, it's the best time to go out. Taking a bath did not last too long as compared to what I had the past weeks. As I have said, I'm craving for something aside from almost 24/7 sitting in front of my laptop. I want to read a book. After I have finished Eclipse (Twilight Saga's 3rd book) last week, I am missing those moments when you must generate your imagination at its best and prepare your dictionary (I use online) for the what-the-hell-are-that words. First thing that came across my mind was Angels and Demons since the movie adaptation is dated to be on the silver screen 13th day of next month. I went to Midtown (Robinson's Place Ermita) coz it has National Bookstore and Power Books (aside from I so miss the place). Setting my mood into reading, I went inside Power Books and sat down there for some minutes while taking a peek at a book about the English-speaking maid named Inday. That's really a good one. Sadly, the book I am meaning to buy was at the time, sold out. I, then, sought for the latest Bob Ong's book but, it's also sold out. How sad. I still have another option - National Bookstore. I went there after learning that the books I'm looking for at Power Books are not available. Customer Service... I asked the lady if the books I'm looking for are available. Her answer is no.

I still got the spirit, the drive and the energy to look for that books (any one of those will do). Desperation, you may call it. It's mid-seven in the evening and the rain has not stopped yet (it was not that hard, though). I took a cab headed to SM Manila. My hopes are still up as I got nearer the mall. As soon as I got inside the mall, I went straight to National Bookstore. And, crap. The books I want to buy are not in the shelves. Customer service... Both are not yet available. But, at the back of the lady, I saw Mitch Albom's books. Tuesdays with Morrie (done!) and For One More Day (done!). Then, I remembered that specific book I am borrowing from Tami (college friend) which she still has not found yet. I asked the Customer Service lady if The Five People You Meet in Heaven is available. In less than half a minute, she handed me the small book. I don't want my taking advantage of the rain to be in vain so I bought the book. Besides, I really am fascinated and curious with that book for months now. No regrets. I still have so many days to buy the books that I haven't bought today.

Now, the rain has stopped. I think King Sun is ready to shine again tomorrow. That outpouring in the middle of the summer is not just one hell of a rain. It, somehow, gave me (hope the others, too) the chance to go out and enjoy without being exposed to its rays and get crappy perspired all over. I believe, you can see now how much I hate summer.=))

No comments:

Post a Comment