Sunday, April 26, 2009

ALMOST...

[I wrote this last 16th of April at Starbucks while waiting.]
On the verge of losing hope, I randomly got this call which, at first, excited me but, really made me sad in the end.
Sixth day of training... Still, I got no leads yet. Basically, leads are prospects who are liquid to invest and are willing, ready and able to take a call back from one of our Senior Analysts. So, I cautiously and politely conversed with this I-thought-you-are-a-lead man. He seemed to be interested. Yeah, he seemed to be. He answered the questions I threw him except the money question. Well, he was an investor before. It's just that he did not want to talk about money on phone. Then, it all shattered. My would-be-lead hung up on me.
I tried every way I know and learned from the training to salvage the conversation. But, it did not work out. I almost got it! I was about to take hold of that paper to scribble on the lead's information then hand it to my supervisor. But, it all slipped away. The thing I was dying to have for the past six days had gone.
Right now, I'm contemplating if I'm still gonna continue this. I am not really on the game but I'm having a taste of it. I really don't know if I can do it after what happened. Should I stay behind and quit??

No comments:

Post a Comment