Sunday, May 3, 2009

OVERKILLING BOREDOM

Thank God it's May. School time's coming closer. On the 27th, I'll be enrolling for my sophomore year. I really can't wait for the semester to start and be back with my friends (though we're reshuffled, ugh!) and the professors (really!). Of course, I miss the school environment and the non - stop pile and loads of work to do. It's a little weird, I know, to find someone missing the last stuff I've mentioned but I think, it's better to have shitloads of reading materials and problems to be solved than to have nothing to do at all.

Since I was a child, I don't look forward to summer vacation. I usually have sleepless and nostalgic nights. I also hate the heat of summer. I don't go swimming. On the bright side, vacation gives me time to pamper myself. No worries of school requirements and deadlines, I get to enjoy anything I want to overkill boredom. Killing it is not enough (brutal, huh).

How do I do it? Here are the things that keep me busy:

1. TV Series

a. MONK - a story of an obsessive - compulsive detective who solves crimes in his own ways.

b. Desperate Housewives - revealing the lives of housewives living in Wisteria Lane.

c. Grey's Anatomy - showcases experiences of interns who later became residents of Seattle Grace Hospital.

d. The Tudors - a look behind the glamor, war, love and betrayal on England.

2. Books

a. Eclipse - third installment of the Twilight Saga.

b. The Five People You Meet in Heaven - a story of a man who died and met five people in heaven who disclosed everything that has happened when he was still alive.

c. Angels and Demons - prequel of the book, Da Vinci Code.

With a month left for the vacation, these are the things which keep me busy aside from going to the mall, sleeping and of course, blogging. Right now, I'm still finishing Angels and Demons which I enjoy. Can't wait for the movie on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment